Purpose 96: Jerrad Lopes: Dad Tired
Through pain, we find purpose. No one understands that Like Jerrad Lopes. After starting out early in full-time ministry as a pastor, Jerrad placed all of his identity in his ministry. Late in his twenties, Jerrad knew he needed to leave ministry, and his world was wrecked. Looking back, Jerrad knew he was being a bad husband and an absent father as he tried to pursue things of this earth that would fulfill him. He reached out on the internet, asking if any other fathers and husbands felt this struggle, and the response was incredible.
Dad Tired is a podcast and a movement that is leading men to Jesus. Jerrad is cultivating authenticity within marriages leadership within the culture. He believes that more men need to step up to the plate to lead their families by example. This knowledge is personal, and it was born from years of struggle. Jerrad’s dark season gave birth to a movement that God is using to transform families.
Download a FREE audio book from Are You Real and Audible
In addition to Dad Tired, Jerrad has started a nonprofit and his own branding agency. Even with all of these plates spinning, Jerrad prioritizes time with his family and his wife of 8 years. Instead of being content to stay in struggle and in failure, Jerrad asked God to transform his life. He answered in a big way. Listen to this week’s episode to find out how he did it!
“I wanted to spend my life figuring out how to tell people about Jesus.”
More in this episode:
- Jerrad shares why he feels called to many different things over the course of his life.
- Scripture from Exodus 35:6 has influenced how Jerrad views God.
- Jerrad has spent his journey starting as a pastor, but he always felt called to branch out.
- In the middle of an identity crisis, Jerrad discovered that so many other fathers wanted to learn how to lead their families better.
- What we can learn from the God-led decisions that do not lead to perfect happiness.
- Discover the explosion of Dad Tired.
- Jerrad’s wife prayed for Jesus to capture his heart again.
- There is hope for your marriage if you feel like you have fallen away.
- We need to be investing in young people.
- How Jerrad grew his ministry to reach tens of thousands of people.
- Jerrad can communicate the gospel in “street language.”
- How we can respond to an identity crisis to fuel our faith.
- Let’s not rely on technology to connect with one another.
- Audiobooks are a go-to for busy parents.
- What changes to our responsibilities once we get married.