Fit 09: Teri Dempsey: Fitness, Faith and Family
When we commit our fitness goals to the Lord, he will absolutely bless our endeavors. This is exactly the mentality of Teri Dempsey, my guest on Are You Real: Fit. Teri has over 20 years of personal training experience, with additional certifications in all kinds of athletic disciplines. She runs a small, private gym called Fit For My King, and hosts online and in-person challenges. Teri is a grace mentality trainer, and she works with women to empower them spiritually as well as physically.
Teri cites Proverbs 3:5-6 as her inspiration. When she is trusting the Lord the most, she finds that her goals are absolutely achievable. Today, Teri and I will talk fitness, faith, and family. I am excited for you to hear how Teri has been seeking God through her athleticism and her business. I think you’ll be inspired by her passion for Jesus and for other people!
Download a FREE audiobook from Audible.com and Are You Real
More in this episode:
- Teri gives us the inside scoop about what it is like to be a personal trainer.
- Teri is also on staff at her church.
- The personal training businesses is also a spiritual ministry.
- We have to get rid of the root issue and have an inward change before we can enjoy an outward transformation.
- Teri shares her testimony about overcoming issues of depression and anxiety.
- The flaws we see have a divine purpose from God.
- How Teri went from a fear of jumping to specializing in high jump!
- What Teri’s workouts look like now.
- Our diet impacts our overall health just as much as an exercise plan.
- Teri’s motto is “Do it anyway.”
- We have to work through fear and trust God.
Today on #AreYouRealFIT Kasey talks with Teri Fojtik-Dempsey! She is a personal trainer who is empowering women to see themselves as God sees them, get healthy, and start overcoming mental roadblocks in their fitness journey. There is so much wisdom waiting for you in this episode! Check it out at areyoureal.org?