Fit 08: Your Health – Spirit, Soul and Body (Part 3)
Welcome to the third part of this series, Your health- spirit, soul, and body.
Today we will be discussing what it looks like to be healthy physically and what the necessary components are to having an overall healthy physical body.
For many people, the first thing they think of when anyone mentions a healthy body, is the idea of weight. As a trainer, I am frequently asked “what is a healthy weight for me?” or “how much weight should I lose?” and these are never easy questions to answer. Most people tend to only look at the scale, or focus on their BMI, so I’d like to answer these questions by breaking the idea of healthy body weight down for you in a way that will make it easier to understand. Listen in today to find out about body composition and why everyone’s body composition is going to be different.
“Set your goals. Say your prayers. Work hard.”
Although having a healthy body weight is really important, this is subjective to each individual, as body composition varies from one person to the next. The body composition includes all the factors relating to one’s weight- the muscle, the fat, the bones, and also the vital organs, so it’s really necessary to look at all these factors when doing an evaluation of your health and this also means that everyone’s ideal body weight will be different. Listen in today as I explain some of the often overlooked factors pertaining to body composition that really need to be taken into account when assessing your ideal body weight.
Download a FREE audiobook from Are You Real and Audible.com
- Looking at body composition as an evaluation of your overall health.
- How the body composition of two individuals with the same statistics can vary.
- Taking all the factors pertaining to body composition into account when looking at your weight.
- Being on a strategic exercise program and eating healthily can influence your amount of body fat.
- How genetics play a role in some people’s ability to lose weight faster than others.
- Hard work does pay off!
- The importance of committing to (and adhering to) a fitness goal.
- How you can really benefit from an exercise program.
- About your cardio-respiratory endurance.
- What weight training does for your body.
- Creating an exercise program that will help you to maintain an ideal weight.
- Why you really need to maintain your flexibility.
- Building overall muscular endurance with your exercise program.
- Nutrition is a huge part of creating and maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle.