85: Acting, Producing and Leaving Hollywood with Nathan VonMinden & Cameron Arnett
When you find God’s purpose in your life, you gain the confidence to make decisions full of faith and integrity. Today, I am bringing to you two men who have operated with faith and integrity in a way that could completely shift our culture and the entertainment industry. I’m chatting with Nathan VonMinden and Cameron Arnett. Both men are involved in the production of Angry Men, a film about the deadly Challenger explosion that rocked the nation. This film tells the story of the true events of a few angry men who tried to stop the Challenger from launching, knowing very well that they were putting their livelihood on the line. While this film is not evangelical in nature, those guiding principles of faith and integrity are put on full display for audiences to see.
Up first is Nathan VonMinden, who started off his adult life as an aerospace engineer, but found a passion in producing video for his church. He saw his early video production days as a training ground for much bigger film projects God had in store. After eight years of research and a year of writing, Nathan decided to take a giant leap of faith and produce Angry Men. It is an all-hands-on-deck type of project, but so far his team has seen incredible results and rewarding experiences of genuine faith. He will share all about how God has empowered him to do the impossible, and after listening to his story, you’ll believe the same. I’m confident in that!
Next up is Cameron Arnett, an actor with one of the pivotal roles in Angry Men. Cameron will share how he got his start in Hollywood, but felt God call him away and into ministry. He never thought he would be able to act again, but God showed him the way to fulfill his purpose and use his gifts in Christian film. Now, he is working with Nathan and his team and seeing the enormous impact that faith and integrity are making in this film’s production process. He has an encouraging word for Christians who might want to consider acting, as well as courage for young people in the midst of tough decision making.
If you need a confidence boost today, this is the episode for you. God is doing incredible things in the lives of Nathan and Cameron. You don’t want to miss out!
“I am inspired by flawed people trying to do the right thing.”
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com
More in this episode:
- Nathan shares how he went from aerospace engineering to producing films.
- Working with creative believers is all about a creative purpose for Nathan.
- God has provided everything they needed to create his vision.
- Entrepreneurship and integrity are the keys to Nathan’s success.
- Nathan shares a story of creative problem solving on set.
- Hear all about the incredible story of some angry men who attempted to stop the Challenger launch.
- Nathan shares why Cameron was such a good fit for the movie.
- The cast of the movie works together in an incredible way that speaks to God’s character.
- Cameron speaks candidly about his history as an actor, and what drew him to be a part of Christian Film.
- Trust that God is for you. All you have to do is give yourself unto his way.
Learn all about Nathan’s film
Learn all about Cameron