Purpose 189: Breaking Free from Your Past and Changing People’s Lives with Cristi Gooding
Co-Founder of YesLord, Inc, Cristi Gooding is here today to share her story of freedom and how she got into ministry. She has a story of addiction and recovery, and now she only lives to be obedient to God. Cristi has an amazing story of how God gave her a vision of Yes Lord! She explains what it is and what the mission of it is.
Listen to the episode as Cristi also discusses:
- What a “dwell night” is and what it means
- The early beginnings of Yes Lord!
- Why she didn’t wait for the Lord to drop her ministry in her lap
- How she stepped out in faith to get Yes Lord! started
- The miracles she has seen from her twice monthly “dwell nights”
- How she got global reach for Yes Lord! in the first week!
- How a t-shirt has been instrumental in starting the movement
- Why she feels so strongly about her own personal testimony
- Her 20-year drug addiction
- Her choice to overcome her meth addiction and how she laid it down overnight
- How childhood rejection led her to a food addiction that later turned into drug addiction
- How the real battle began when she quit drugs and went back to her food addiction
- The process of becoming unbound from addictions and how she dealt with it…..this was the hard part
- Why it has taken almost 10 years to break the chains of addiction that bind her
- Her childhood agreement with lies she believed about herself, and the ramifications
- How “giving” is her weakness, and she has trouble receiving
- What God is stirring within her
Connect with Cristi:
Website for Yes Lord is in the works, so stay tuned
To get your FREE Yes Lord T-Shirt – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and send your shirt size and shipping address. Mention that you heard about it on Are You Real Podcast!
Recommended Books and Resources:
Sign up for the Are You Real newsletter at Are You Real