Purpose 106: Women’s Discipleship With Melissa Kruger
God’s purpose for our lives will always lead us to serve and edify other people in the church. My guest today never imagined she would be writing Bible studies or leading women towards discipleship, but by faithfully following God’s call on her life, that is exactly where she landed. Today on the show is Melissa Kruger, a writer, editor, disciple maker, and Jesus-follower who is living out her purpose in a mighty way.
Melissa is a writer focused on bringing the principles of strong discipleship to women across the world. She is a regular contributor to the Gospel Coalition and is on staff with Uptown Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. Her favorite role so far has been to be a mother to her 3 kids, a wife to her husband, and a sister who points others to Jesus faithfully. Melissa has found her purpose in making the Word of God accessible to women who are seeking after Him.
After noticing that there was a gap in women’s discipleship and Bible Study material, Melissa felt God calling her to bridge that gap. Filling that needled others to notice her gift for writing, and then the rest is history. Today, we had the chance to talk about the importance of studying God’s Word, finding joy in all circumstances, and what it takes to be a working writer.
“I am most excited about helping women grow in their love for the Lord.”
More in this episode:
- The more we learn about Christ, the more we grow and the more our church grows.
- Melissa draws strength from Isaiah 55 and God’s invitation to life.
- Discover Melissa’s untraditional journey to becoming a writer.
- You can start your purpose journey later in life!
- Melissa stepped into the gap to write excellent Bible study material.
- What it was like to plant a church.
- The moment Melissa realized she was called to write.
- How to learn how to say “No.”
- Discover the heart behind Melissa’s new book!