Fit 06: Your Health – Spirit, Soul and Body
If you are going to live a healthy life, you have to take care of your body, your soul, and your spirit. This week, I want to set us off on a three-part series that will change the way we think about taking care of our spirit, soul, and body. Jumping right in, let’s talk about how we can nurture and feed our spirit by looking at the words the world uses to describe health and applying them to things in the spiritual realms.
The spirit is what allows us to communicate with God. When we pray, read Scripture, and act in the authority that Jesus has given us, we are absolutely feeding our spirit. It is so important that we nurture our spirit because otherwise, we will be playing right into what the world wants us to spend all our energy on. Satan loves it when our spirit feels far from God. We have the power to stop him in his tracks!
A healthy life starts with the spirit. Join me today as we look at how the Bible describes a healthy spirit.
“Our spirit is how we communicate with God.”
More in this episode:
- We can use Scripture to teach us what it means to have a healthy spirit.
- What actually is our spirit?
- Ephesians 2:5 describes what our spirit looks like.
- Eating well, activity, growth, and alive are words the world uses to describe health.
- We have to feed our spirit. Learn what that looks like practically.
- Luke [5:16], 1 Thessalonians [5:16]-18 teach us how Jesus fed his spirit through prayer.
- Hebrews [4:12] illustrates how Scripture keeps our spirit healthy.
- Jeremiah [29:11] and James 4:7 show us that God has our best interests at heart and we have authority in Jesus.
- Jesus is our ultimate example of a healthy spirit.
- Trust that God’s plan is greater.