10: Authenticity in Life and Work with Michael McIntyre
Michael began his entrepreneurial insurance career in 1983 after his Honorable Discharge from the United States Air Force, where McIntyre served 4 years in the Strategic Air Command (SAC). During his insurance career which span more than 27 years McIntyre’s companies generated more than $3 billion in premium since 1992. McIntyre’s companies had recruited and trained over 20,000 sales agents and opened offices in more than forty states. His leadership help grow a start-up insurance company from $25 million in assets to over $15 billion in less than 10 years and went on to have a successful IPO on the NYSE in 2004. Michael revolutionized the insurance industry with a unique formula for generating prospects for agents. During his time in the insurance sales industry, Michael has received numerous Top Agent and Top Agency performance awards, as well as the National #1Recruiting Agency award.
Michael is now the CEO of 247MedPlan.com which he founded in 2006 . 247Medplan provides tele-health and dental plans for individuals and small businesses. 247MedPlan offers affordable benefits that were previously only available to large corporations. This industry is now one of the fastest growing non-insurance benefits in the country.
Michael is also the creator of “The Authenticity Ratio” which is a highly rated keynote and training topic that has transcended industry borders from insurance to real estate to professional sports teams. He is also the author of “The Authentic Salesman” which was published in 2011… . Michael has been featured on FOX, CBS, TheStreet.Com, Business Insider, Forbes, US News & World Report, The Huffington Post and many other publication for his unique insight not only in sales and leadership but on breaking topical issues.
Michael is active in the Dallas community ; He is a member of YPO, WPO . Michael is very active in his church, the” Upper Room” a small Bible church in urban Dallas.
Michael is happily married for over 30 years to his wife Stacye and has three beautiful daughters and an amazing son-in love
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Michael came to Christ later in life, at age 48
- Why Michael likes being creative, making money, and helping others make money
- Michael’s gifts are creating and stewarding wealth in a way that honors and glorifies God
- Michael’s advice: Don’t wait, just move, and always give God His firstfruits
- How Michael views stewardship in relation to his tithes and offerings—prompted by a book by Robert Morris
- How Michael structures his giving to his church in an unusual way
- Michael’s inspiration:
- Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
- John 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
- How Michael got into the insurance business
- 2008: Michael sold the insurance business and started 247 Med Plan
- Michael’s big life lesson learned: from a bad decision in purchasing a $6 million plane
- The business shift after his salvation
- Michael’s biggest strength? “Being transparent and asking the tough questions.”
- Michael’s biggest weakness within that strength? “Wanting to be liked—the fear of man.”
- How Michael frequently calls the name of Christ to fend off the enemy
- What is God currently stirring in Michael and his business? “The new structuring of my business to benefit others.”
- 247 Med Plan: What is it and how does it work?
- How does Michael share the gospel? “I share my story of how God chased me through my life. I try to walk the walk. It’s not my job to save people, but I can be the one to point them to Christ. I try to be real, transparent, and outspoken.”
- A daily habit for Michael that contributes to his walk with Jesus? “My wife and I pray out loud together every day.”
- A favorite book? Love Does by Bob Goff
- A favorite resource? www.brilliantperspective.com
- Michael’s advice to the younger Michael? “I would go back to age 30 and say, ‘Check your ego, humble yourself, and find Jesus quickly’.”
- Michael’s parting thoughts: “Find your passion. It breeds conviction and turns mediocrity into excellence. You will overcome insurmountable obstacles and become unstoppable in His kingdom.”
Email Michael: firstname.lastname@example.org