As we are learning together how to be real and authentic in our faith, the biggest setback for so many Christians is our identity crisis. The rest of the world seems to have clued in on the crisis as well.
If you want to live your most authentic life on mission for God, you have to be willing to listen to the call to “go.” I am sitting down with a guy today who took God’s call on his life very seriously.
Do you want to learn how to grow your business to bless others? Good, you’ve come to the right place. I want to help my listeners take practical steps towards accomplishing their big ideas. Why? When you go out there and make money, you are not only serving your family, but you can also bless others and glorify God. Yes, God can use your business to do big things. I want you to have the tools to go out there confidently.
Today, let’s talk entrepreneurship. It takes a lot of faith and guts to start your own business. These days, anyone can throw up a website and start a new venture, but what separates you from the pack is that you are going to take decisive action. I have a four step process that will take some of the fear and guesswork out of taking this step into entrepreneurship. Step 1: Get yourself a creative idea. 2: Evaluate your risk before stepping headlong. Step 3: Make a basic plan to get you started. Step 4: Act on your plan.
“Nothing’s worse than a broke philanthropist.”
See how simple it is to start your own business? Of course, when you see it written out in four steps, it seems a bit oversimplified. In this episode, I will break down each of these steps to show you the intention and skills that are required to do each one well. If you work ahead of the plan to get your business into shape, you’ll be able to breathe a bit. You are already honing your resources to do well in business, and then turn around and bless others. Being an entrepreneur is definitely special, and I want you to succeed. Let me show you how!
- You have to have an idea to be an entrepreneur.
- I share my start in the insurance industry that launched me on my path.
- Learn to look at problems from a new angle.
- Ask God to talk to you in your dreams.
- What makes a good mastermind group?
- Have someone give feedback on your creative idea.
- Get real about your risk and risk tolerance.
- You only need a basic plan to get started.
- You have a plan, now do it!
- Get your momentum and inspire others to greatness.
- Don’t be afraid of failure.
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com
Positive relationships are the best way to build up your success. No matter what your goals in life might be, you will always succeed with the right people by your side. I can’t think of a single person who embodies this principle more than Four Price.
I believe the church is having an identity crisis. The reason: because we, God’s people, are having an identity crisis. My name is Christy Austin, and my heart is to link together the people of God with the Spirit of God. Here on Are You Real: Linked, I want to bring to you the Truth from God’s word so that we can root ourselves in our faith and grow the church from the inside out.
“The church isn’t an organization. The church is me and you.”
Here’s the key question: Where do you find your identity? Is it in your job, marital status, hobbies, or political viewpoint? Why do we spend so much of our lives chasing after identity, only to come up short again and again? It’s because we are looking in the wrong places. In the very first episode of Are You Real: Linked, I want to show you how to stop chasing your life’s worth outside of your faith and start seeing your identity as God sees it.
Let’s learn together what the Bible says about our community. The only way to truly find our identity, and by extension, the church’s is to be linked with the Holy Spirit. Let’s reconnect ourselves to the Spirit so that we can then reconnect with one another. Today, I break down a familiar passage from Luke 10 that exemplifies how the early church rooted their identity in what truly matters. The challenge is a large one, but the solution is right in front of us. Let’s tune into what the Holy Spirit is teaching us—together.
- I share my story and my journey to finding authentic faith.
- When we are in the Holy Spirit, there is no distance from God or from one another.
- Each voice in the Are You Real Podcast is authentic and real.
- Churches are not growing anymore.
- It is time for us to leave the church building and go into our communities.
- We want to link together to heal and restore hope to the people around us.
- Media is a huge way we can shift our culture.
- Lessons from Luke 10.
- Let’s break down the word “sent.”
- Identity is the image of the one sending us. Jesus gives us our identity.
Download a FREE audiobook from Audible.com