68: Being a Spiritual Mentor as a Form of Service with Phil Dowdy
Who is that one person in your life who has always stuck by you? Be it, man or woman, everyone needs a spiritual friend and father who will guide us and even just to sit and talk with. In many peoples lives, that person is Phil Dowdy, our special guest on the show today. This episode will focus on Phil as he tells us about himself and the journey God has brought him on throughout his life.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The many steps that led Phil to ministry
- What apostolic ministry is and where it is found in the Bible
- Advice for young pastors/people going into ministry
- Why everyone needs a spiritual father or mother
- What is a spiritual father or mother and what does he/she do?
- How to “get your passion back”
- Phil’s biggest strengths and weaknesses
- “Parting” advice from Phil