Success 07: Comedian Jason Earls
I met Jason Earls, the comedian, about a week ago at the Shawn Bolz Conference, in Dallas, Tx, and had an immediate connection with him. I ask Jason to tell us one of his favorite verses that help guide him. He quoted Colossians [4:17]. Paul writes, “And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfill it.” Paul saw the need to encourage Archippus, maybe because people were not paying his ministry much attention, and Paul knew he wanted him to fulfill it.
Jason says he doesn’t live to make people laugh but makes people laugh to help them live! He says he knew as early as high school that being a comedian was his destiny. He went on to seminary and grad school, and knew he could use laughter to glorify the King!
Learn to be diligent to God’s direction in this episode of Are You Real: Success!
“I don’t live to make people laugh; I make people laugh to help them live!”
More in this episode:
- Jason shares how God directs his ministry.
- You can desire success in your family and career, but you also have to be diligent!
- If we are going to be in our best place to succeed, we cannot compare ourselves to others.
- Learn what Jason does when he finds himself in a difficult place.
- Sometimes things crack us so that the treasure inside us oozes out.
- Learn to surround yourself with key people to help ensure your success.
- Learn how you shouldn’t be satisfied with “base camp,” but need to press on to the peak!
- Jason uses humor to share his passion for living for God.
- Jody shares his views on successful living.