Success 06: Success Leaves Clues with John Clark
Today’s guest is John Clark. John Clark was the general manager of the Boys Scouts of America and he’s here to talk about what it took to be successful leading these organizations. Success leaves clues and today we are looking for all the clues that John’s successful career left behind.
John’s favorite quote is a Teddy Roosevelt quote that says, “A job that’s worth doing is worth doing well.”
- Failure is the inability to meet our goals.
- Success can look different at different points in your career.
- Being happy with what you are doing is a key factor in your success.
- Relying on God to help make tough decisions and handle tough circumstances is key.
- If you can figure out what keeps people awake at night and then solve that problem, you will have unlimited income.
- Setting goals will help improve your performance.
- When we have success, you always have success habits that were implemented to make it happen.
- Knowing how to set and manage goals individually and as a team is critical to success.
- You can’t achieve success completely on your own. You have to have a winning team around you and achieve the goals together.
- Sometimes to be a good leader it just means that you get out in front of your team and run faster.
Connect with Jody on Twitter: @jodynholland