Purpose 98: Finding Purpose with Captain Awesome – Byron Taylor
I hope you are ready for some amazing truth bombs today because I am literally talking to Captain Awesome today. Byron Taylor (AKA Captain Awesome) is a spirited speaker, trainer, and coach. He has competed in world championships in public speaking and is the co-author of The Psyche of Success. Byron Taylor has found his calling as an inspirational speaker, but the story of how he got there is absolutely magnificent. God is clearly using Byron in incredible ways.
Byron had to walk through incredible hardship to reach the level of clarity and wisdom he has attained today. I am thankful that he had the chance to openly talk about childhood trauma, depression in adulthood, and figuring out life with God one leap of faith at a time. Byron is going to share his best pieces of wisdom for going after your purpose, facing fear, and listening to the voice of God. His stories are all very real and really funny. No one shares a story like Byron! Dive in with us today to experience the wild ride for yourself!
Download a FREE audiobook from Are You Real and Audible.com
“God leads you down a path you don’t see coming.”
More in this episode:
- How “Captain Awesome” came to be.
- Why God’s plan is better than our best predictions.
- Byron gave his first speech at his first Toastmasters meeting.
- Out of the hurt and pain we experience, we can glorify God.
- Mark [11:24] is Byron’s signature Scripture.
- Byron opens up about his past struggles and the trauma that shaped him.
- The things we struggle with the most are often our ministry calling.
- What being a parent can teach us about God’s character.
- How Byron fights discouragement.
- Stories of experiencing God’s glory.
- A speech is important for the one life that is impacted.
- Byron shares all of the things that excite him.
- When we knock on doors, God will open, and we have to step through.
- Sometimes, we learn more about what we don’t want to do than what we want.
- Byron would help his younger self-heal more quickly if he could.
Facebook: Byron Taylor Speaks