Purpose 97: Bros, Bible and Beer
It is always refreshing to find someone else who has found purpose in podcasting, and that is exactly what the Zach, Scott, and Jeff over at Bros, Bibles, and Beer are doing. These three guys are modeling what it means to have authentic, real, and often difficult conversations around a shared belief in God. Unlike many podcasts out there, the Bros all come from incredibly different spiritual backgrounds and viewpoints. The result: authentic conversations that are rarely tied up in a bow, but are often glorifying.
Today, we are getting real and talking about everything, from Angry God to Grief and Theology. Along the way, the Bros will share some of their favourite moments and discussions from the show, and how they have been stretched and their view of God has changed. Each of these gentlemen has been called to a different area of God’s mission, but they can still come together to produce an amazing show you should certainly check out. Today, we won’t shy away from the hard stuff, but in the end, we will all agree that God is good! I can’t wait for you to hear what Scott, Jeff, and Zach have to say!
“We knew we could get real with each other, and the podcast stemmed out of that.”
More in this episode:
- The podcast started with authentic conversations, and it has transformed into something amazing.
- Dive into the “Angry God” debate.
- There is a need for repentance and to turn from your sin.
- How our parents might (or might not) change our perception of God.
- The Bros share some of their favourite moments of the podcast.
- Why the Bros want to avoid the “echo chamber” effect.
- Be with people while they are grieving.
- How grief affects faith.
- All of God’s children have value.
- Conversations on education and the impact of real-life implications in the classroom.
- Look at multiple angles for every story to create empathy.
- The Bros help one another see their gifts and strengths.
- Get a little advice from the Bros.
Find Your Purpose Chapter 1