Purpose 93: Matt Brough – Spirituality for Ordinary People
More of then than not, you are in the middle of your purpose before you realize it’s even started. God has a funny way of taking us on a journey to find our calling, and he is certainly capable of working through us all in a might way, even if we can’t see it. This is why I am so excited to have Matt Brough on the show today. Matt has many passions that seemed to have all converged at this moment in time. Primarily, Matt is a family man in Winnipeg, Canada. When he isn’t spending time with his family, he is pastoring Prarie Presbyterian, a small but faithful and diverse congregation that is walking faithfully with God in this season.
What sets Matt apart from the rest is how his ministry has expanded beyond the pulpit. Knowing he had been gifted with words, Matt decided that he would start a podcast and write both non-fiction and fiction books on the side. It is incredible to see the way that Matt has listened to God’s call on his life and walked faithfully towards these creative endeavors, even though “success” looks a bit different than he thought. Matt has no idea what God might have in store for him next, but he continues to pursue more books and opportunities as a supreme act of faith.
Matt’s writing, his podcast, and his pastoring have all converged to make Matt a powerhouse of spirituality. He humbly wears his many hats with an attitude of service. He writes books his family would want to read. He shares stories that his church would want to hear. Above it all, Matt chooses where to use his gifts to serve others, and I think we have a lot to learn from him. You do not want to miss out on Matt’s story in this week’s episode, so let’s dive right in.
“Ministry is happening because of the books and the podcast, and I didn’t expect that at all!”
More in this episode:
- Matt considers his family most important next to God.
- Authoring and podcasting is a very new journey that God has been teaching Matt through.
- Why the podcast can be a part of Matt’s ministry.
- Philippians 2 is the character guiding scripture for Matt and his ministry.
- Matt shares a time when he was doing ministry for the wrong reasons.
- It is hard to connect sometimes, and Matt shares his best ways to get a support system.
- How Matt ended up at this point of convergence.
- Why Matt is just a bit like Abraham.
- The system that Matt uses when he felt like he needed to start writing.
- You can trust God with your mission and your gifts.
- My prayers for Matt.
- Matt would tell his younger self that fear is normal, and we can have courage.
- Matt’s big advice would be to step back and listen to God.
- Learn how to participate in Matt’s giveaway!
Enter to Win Free Books from Matt!