Purpose 101: Fear Of Failure With Matt Miller
Is the fear of failure holding you back from God’s purpose for your life? Do you get stuck in the planning phases, but never actually take that leap of faith? I think today’s guest might inspire you to step out into your purpose. Matt Miller has had a variety of experiences from 9 years in the Air Force to being a top performer in the corporate world. Eventually, Matt decided that he wanted to be his own boss, so he started his wild ride in entrepreneurship. Now, he is helping schools raise funds and running a successful business, School Spirit Vending. You’ll also want to check out his podcast, School Zone!
Today, Matt is going to share how failure was his best teacher, and why it is so easy to be paralyzed by analysis. We also had the chance to talk about podcasting, mastermind groups, and building a business after a market crash. Matt has so much practical wisdom to share for any of you out there with a dream you are scared to pursue. Lucky for you, Matt has had plenty of experience and is willing to get you started. Most importantly, Matt sees his businesses as a way to bring God glory. The relationships he has built as a result of his business has opened doors for the gospel.
You can bring God glory through your business, too! You just have to step out in faith.
Download a FREE audiobook from Are You Real and audible.com
More in this episode:
- Matt shares his personal history and experiences in the Air Force and in the corporate world.
- How the idea for custom stickers for schools came to be.
- How to manage when you are burning the candle at both ends and making time for your family.
- Matt shares all of the financial setbacks that happened after the market crash.
- The process of getting School Spirit Vending in schools.
- How to create a win-win setup.
- Why niche is important.
- Matt’s biggest strength is to use an outsider perspective to get into an industry he knows nothing about.
- Matt got into podcasting just for his private team.
- Why a mastermind is so important.
- Your ministry is all about relationships.
- Matt shares his best stories of failure.