Purpose 100: Embryo Adoption – Katie Cline and Charis Boone
Today, we are going to shine some light on a topic many people don’t know much about. The subject is Embryo Adoption, and my expert guests are Katie Cline and Charis Boone. Embryo Adoption occurs when a couple has undergone IVF to produce embryos outside of the womb for the mother to carry to term. It is a miracle of modern medicine that is helping infertile couples grow their families, but it also has an unfortunate consequence: there are leftover embryos. Charis and Katie believe that life begins at conception, so these embryos are children waiting to be adopted. This is the inspiration behind the National Registry for Adoption, an organization committed to helping these embryos find forever families.
Download a FREE audiobook from Are You Real and audible.com
If this whole process sounds a little uncertain to you at first, give these ladies a chance to explain. Katie is an Embryo Donor, and Charis is an Embryo Adopter. They each have a unique perspective on the adoption process that is truly wonderful. Each of these ladies has the heart to give homes to the homeless and to nurture every child that is born or unborn. They were willing to walk through uncertainty, awkward conversations, and pregnancy to give these kids a life. God has been blessing their organization, and it is clear why. The National Registry is on to something!
Listen this week to hear how Charis and Katie found their purpose, and why Embryo Adoption needs to be at the forefront of the public eye.
“Infertility is a hopeless situation, but embryo adoption can give people hope.”
More in this episode:
- Katie shares the process of IVF and what it means to be an Embryo Donor.
- Charis shares what it meant for her to be an Embryo Adopter.
- An embryo adoption only costs $4,000.
- The difference between orphan care adoption and family growth adoption.
- There are 28 families waiting for every child put up for adoption.
- God is using the gifts he gave Charis and Katie to change lives.
- No one hears about embryo adoption.
- Is it difficult to donate an embryo?
- There are varying levels of involvement with the donor families.
- Charis shares her relationship with her donor family.
- The positives of Embryo Adoption.
- How the National Registry for Adoption has grown over the years.