Linked 06: How to Go to Your City
We are called to go into a city to transform it by the power of the Holy Spirit. It’s a high calling, but how are we expected to go? Are we to charge with the force of an army, go when we feel like it, or go alone? We’ve been walking through Luke 10 to understand what it means to be a modern-day apostle, and we return to Luke 10:3 today to better understand what Jesus meant when he commanded us to go.
Here at Are You Real: Linked, we believe that this year the harvest is plentiful! It is time to ask yourself a few challenging questions. What is God asking you to do? Where is he asking you to go? Whatever the answer, know that God has placed a wall of protection around you! As long as you go in his will, he will not lead you astray.
More in this episode:
- Make sure to go back and listen to last week’s episode!
- Let’s focus on the word, “Go.”
- A quick grammar lesson about active and passive verbs.
- Get into the context for the Greek word hypago.
- A look at the Old Testament gives us a better understanding of Jesus’ command.
- What happens when we look back rather than running forward.
- God protects us from fear.
- When we Go, God keeps us safe.
- We are sheep being led by our loving shepherd.