Linked 04: Watch for Your Harvest
Here at Are You Real, we believe that a deep and fulfilling life only happens when we are linked to the Holy Spirit and to one another. Over the past few weeks, we have taken a deep look at a passage from Luke 10 to show us what it could look like for the church if we were empowered by the Holy Spirit. Today, we continue with our verse from Luke 10 verse 2, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
We live in a paradoxical world. While Jesus was sending out his disciples to take a city, he was, in fact, asking them to give of themselves and pour out their lives for others. However, we cannot pour out from what we have not received. Today, I am going to show you how being linked to the community with one another empowers us to go out into the harvest. This is such a rich parable upon which we can begin to model our lives. It’s time for the church to leave the building and go out into the harvest. It is, after all, plentiful! To get started, give this podcast a listen, and get connected with someone near you. Watch as the Holy Spirit transforms your life!
“The quickest way for an animal to get picked off is when he tries to do it alone.”
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com
More in this episode:
- I share from my heart what I think we need. Hint: it’s community!
- What it means to be sent out to the nations.
- Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit to empower us.
- Hear how harvest is being used in the Scriptures.
- It’s hard for us to have the same perspective of an agrarian society, but let’s dive in!
- The spiritual parallels to what happens in the harvest season.
- Why the watchman is important!
- My heart is for the laborers.
- When one is weak, the other is strong.