Linked 02: Reclaim Your Identity
As we are learning together how to be real and authentic in our faith, the biggest setback for so many Christians is our identity crisis. The rest of the world seems to have clued in on the crisis as well. The church’s largest criticism is hypocrisy and inauthenticity that non-believers see within our congregations. How can we begin to change that narrative? It will start by changing how we view our identity.
Last week was all about how to be an apostle of Luke 10, walking in the authority of Jesus. Today we will continue that conversation with examples from the Old and New Testament. We can look to Moses, Paul, and the apostles to show us where our identity should be rooted—in God alone. When our identity is rooted in our Creator, we cannot help but reflect his goodness and character. The result is an authenticity that the rest of the world longs for. We can share the hope and salvation of Jesus by our very acts of faith. The key to a deep community of believers and a changed society around us starts with reclaiming our identity.
Let’s learn how we can be linked together by the Holy Spirit, and rooted in our identity in God.
“One of my favorite parts of being a therapist is helping people learn their identity so that they can be launched into their destiny.”
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com
More in this episode:
- I give you my therapist’s perspective on our identity crisis.
- Let’s talk about the Fruit of the Spirit.
- People are drawn to authentic love and peace.
- When we know our Savior, we know ourselves.
- Lessons we can learn from the apostles and Moses.
- We are empowered by the Holy Spirit alone.
- Use the Biblical example set before us to change our church culture.