Fit 01:The Spiritual Side of Sleep and How it Affects Your Overall Fitness with Dr. Tina Hay
Welcome to the first episode of Are You Real: Fit, where I, Kasey Fuller, bring to you not just the basics of a healthy lifestyle, but also a spiritual approach to health and wellness. I can’t think of a better way to launch a podcast dedicated to wellness than to talk about sleep. We all have different reactions when we think of sleep. Some of us can’t remember the last time we got a good night’s rest. Some of us couldn’t possibly think of functioning without it. Today, I want to break down the science behind why a good night’s sleep is important, and celebrate all the good it does for your body.
“Making sleep a priority will have so many benefits physically.”
In the second half of the show, I had the chance to interview Dr. Tina Hay. Her fascination with sleep began with her childhood as a dreamer. Now, she helps us understand our bodies and sleep from a Scriptural point of view. She is a doctor specializing in sleep, but what makes her work unique is that she wants to deepen our understanding of the spiritual aspect of sleep. Have you taken a moment to think about the spiritual side of sleep? We will discuss why sleep is important for your spirituality, and think about God’s perspective on all of this.
There is a lot to learn in this episode. Hopefully, it will inspire you to do what it takes to get the rest your body and your spirit needs!
- Brain health and the benefits of a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep curbs inflammation and boosts creativity.
- Boosting performance physically and mentally with a healthy sleep pattern.
- Mentally prepare your mind for sleep.
- Learn all about the spiritual side of sleep.
- Dr. Tina is passionate about teaching others about God’s design for sleep.
- What does Scripture say about sleep?
- What we can do to pay more attention and tune into our sleep habits.
- God uses dreams to speak to his people.
Dr. Hay’s Website – Living Life By Design
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com