Have you ever thought about what it would look like to have authentic faith? So many of our heroes from the Bible lived their lives with a faithful authenticity that feels impossible to imitate in this day and age.
Welcome to the first episode of Are You Real: Fit, where I, Kasey Fuller, bring to you not just the basics of a healthy lifestyle, but also a spiritual approach to health and wellness. I can’t think of a better way to launch a podcast dedicated to wellness than to talk about sleep. We all have different reactions when we think of sleep. Some of us can’t remember the last time we got a good night’s rest. Some of us couldn’t possibly think of functioning without it. Today, I want to break down the science behind why a good night’s sleep is important, and celebrate all the good it does for your body.
“Making sleep a priority will have so many benefits physically.”
In the second half of the show, I had the chance to interview Dr. Tina Hay. Her fascination with sleep began with her childhood as a dreamer. Now, she helps us understand our bodies and sleep from a Scriptural point of view. She is a doctor specializing in sleep, but what makes her work unique is that she wants to deepen our understanding of the spiritual aspect of sleep. Have you taken a moment to think about the spiritual side of sleep? We will discuss why sleep is important for your spirituality, and think about God’s perspective on all of this.
There is a lot to learn in this episode. Hopefully, it will inspire you to do what it takes to get the rest your body and your spirit needs!
- Brain health and the benefits of a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep curbs inflammation and boosts creativity.
- Boosting performance physically and mentally with a healthy sleep pattern.
- Mentally prepare your mind for sleep.
- Learn all about the spiritual side of sleep.
- Dr. Tina is passionate about teaching others about God’s design for sleep.
- What does Scripture say about sleep?
- What we can do to pay more attention and tune into our sleep habits.
- God uses dreams to speak to his people.
Dr. Hay’s Website – Living Life By Design
Download a FREE audiobook today from Audible.com
On Are You Real: Creative, I want to connect with creative individuals from every discipline and perspective. God has given us the ability to create, and we as believers can build one another up in that gift. Each guest I interview on the show will share how he or she uses creativity to worship God. I choose each guest specifically for their ability to encourage all of you listening.
My very first guest is none other than my own brother, Zach Dietz. Zach is a songwriter, musician, worship leader, and incredible father. I am fortunate to have a brother like Zach. He and I have been inspiring one another in music since we were very small. Today, however, I ask for the practical ways in which he has grown as a songwriter. Zach will share with you his unique perspective that sets his music apart from the rest. The ministry he does as the worship leader of Evergreen Church is truly inspiring.
Zach brings about a purity and simplicity to songwriting that I know you will all want to know about. His passion for the local church reminds me that our creativity is meant to bless others in the present, and will glorify God for eternity. He is worthy of our worship, and Zach will show you today how to write songs with excellence. Listen to this episode for a powerful, Spirit-filled journey to making wonderful worship music.
- Zach gives us the rundown of who he is and what he is involved in.
- Learn why Zach has just now hit his stride as a songwriter.
- Key takeaways for you if you are interested in writing songs.
- Why it is important to sing and worship.
- Thinking outside the box is the key to Zach’s success.
- Zach teaches others everything he knows about producing and writing music.
- Using the “Rule of Three” in songwriting.
- Finding where the presence of God is in a song.
- Zach shares what he thinks is different from what everyone else is doing.
- Influence and the local v. global church.
Connect with Zach:
Here at Are You Real, we believe that God has given us the gift of creativity. How can we utilize our creative gifts to glorify our Creator? That is the main idea behind Are You Real: Creative hosted by Matt Deitz.
Michael McIntyre is one of the most enthusiastic, go-getting, money-producers out there today. He loves people, loves business, and loves Jesus.