67: A Life Altering Encounter on the Hudson River with Dave Sanderson
Have you ever seen the movie Sully with Tom Hanks? Our special guest today was on the plane that crashed into the Hudson. Dave Sanderson tells the story of how God prepared him and is still preparing him in this episode of Are You Real. Tune in to hear Dave’s amazing story of how God saved him and is still workmen in his life and others today.
Dave Sanderson is an inspirational survivor, speaker, and author. His thoughts on leadership have made him an internationally sought-out speaker.
When US Airways Flight 1549, or “The Miracle on the Hudson,” ditched into the Hudson River on January 15, 2009, Dave Sanderson knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be.
The last passenger off the back of the plane on that fateful day, he was largely responsible for the well-being and safety of others, risking his own life in frigid water to help other passengers off the plane.
Despite the hazards to himself, Sanderson thought only of helping others and emerged from the wreckage with a mission: to encourage others to do the right thing.
That experience profoundly changed his life and today he travels the globe sharing his inspirational and motivational leadership messages to help people make a difference in how they do business and live their lives.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- A little bit about Dave’s past
- What Dave is doing now
- The moment that Dave realized what God created him to do
- How God prepared Dave for the life he is living now
- What it took for Dave to leave his job and go out on his own
- How Dave “earned the right to lead”
- What happened the day the plane crashed
- Lessons that Dave learned the day of the crash
- Dave’s biggest strengths and weaknesses
- What God is doing inside of Dave right now
- What Dave would tell his younger self
- Advice from Dave