25: All in to Serve Jesus with Madison Carthel
Today’s guest is ALL IN to serve Jesus! Madison Carthel is inspired to set an unquenchable fire for audacious women. She does this through her Facebook ministry, After His Heart, where women of all ages and stages in life can come together and grow in the Lord.
Madison married her high school sweetheart almost 9 years ago, and now is a stay-at-home mom of FIVE boys—from 18 months to age 7. Madison and her husband recently became licensed foster care parents and are looking to add a daughter to their brood very soon! You’ll be inspired in your walk with Jesus through listening to Madison, so join us now!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Madison’s Facebook group began and has grown to almost 4000 members
- Why Madison wants to inspire AUDACIOUS women? Because audacious means invulnerable to fear and intimidation
- Why it takes hard work and intentionality to have time every day with Jesus as a very busy wife and mother
- How Madison sets a spiritual learning environment for her kids with 24-hour worship music and conversation about the Lord
- Madison’s definition of success: growing closer and in love with her husband and closer to Jesus as she spends time with her kids and watches them grow and pray
- How Madison lets the Holy Spirit lead her to topics for her Facebook group
- Her biggest struggle? Learning forgiveness from deep hurts and abandonment
- Why forgiveness takes the Holy Spirit’s help and isn’t possible in our own strength
- How a recent conference stirred an uncontrollable fire in Madison
- Her biggest strength? Obedience and being able to listen to God
- The biggest weakness inside that strength? Being too bold, rushing ahead of God and not waiting for Him to lead
- How Madison is able to share the gospel with others through opportunities brought about through her Facebook group and the women she serves there
- Why Madison prays about chance encounters with others as she runs errands and does daily tasks
- A favorite inspirational book? One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (Tune in to hear how this book has transformed Madison’s attitude and life!)
- Favorite resources? The Bible, where Madison turns to “because there is always something there for me.” Also, The Glory of The Lamb by Sandy Kirk.
- Madison’s advice to her younger self: “Don’t care so much about what others think. Middle school and high school are a short time in your life and shouldn’t matter in the whole scheme of things. Run to God and cling to Him because He is all that matters.”
- Madison’s parting advice to listeners: “A quote by John Wesley says, ‘Set yourself on fire and others will come to watch you burn.’ Keep Jesus and the cross at the center of all that you do. He is all that matters.”
Join Madison’s Facebook group, After His Heart!